Breaking news...@GlynTSAlliance and @HarrisFedTSA are excited to launch our new Diverse Leaders Programme for January 2017.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please complete the expression of interest form by following the link below by 5 December 2016.
The course will start in January 2017 and there are 50 places available. It includes:
- Launch event in London and a Graduation ceremony at the end of the course
- Seven leadership development sessions, which equates to half a day per month
- Themes for the twilight sessions: leadership styles, self-empowerment, confidence & negotiation, role models/ coaching, mentoring and application/ interview skils
- In addition: a dedicated leadership coach and professional learning resources to help build your own leadership journal
GLYN TEACHING SCHOOL ALLIANCE
A Teaching school is an outstanding school that works with others to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. Teaching schools are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
Creating the next generation
We are delighted that Glyn School was designated a National Teaching School in May 2014, one of only 600 to have this designation in the country. The designation acknowledges our long standing commitment to raising standards, professional development and school to school support (or supporting other schools). This is the latest accreditation for the school which includes Leading Edge (2012) and our National Support School status, gained in 2010.
The vision of Teaching Schools
Teaching Schools are part of the drive to give schools more freedom by taking a leading role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession, identifying leadership potential and providing support for other schools. They follow a similar model to Teaching Hospitals and work with partner schools in an alliance, to ensure high quality school-led initial teacher training and professional development opportunities for teachers at all stages of their career. At the core of the Teaching School model is the drive to raise education standards for all children within the alliance.
The Big Six
Teaching Schools identify and co-ordinate expertise in partner schools to provide target support to all schools within the alliance and work in six areas (the Big-6):
- Play a greater role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession (Initial Teacher Training)
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Continuing Professional Development)
- Identify and develop leadership potential (Succession Planning and Talent Management)
- Provide support for other schools (School to School Support)
- Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- Engage in (Research and Development Activity)
Our partner schools
The role of a Teaching School is an ambitious and complex one and collaboration between the designated Teaching School and its partners is central to the success of the model. We are delighted to be working with a range of strategic partners within our Teaching School Alliance, including:
- Bandon Hill Primary School
- de Stafford School
- Hillcroft Primary School
- Rosebery School
- Southfield Park Primary School
- St Nicholas School
We are highly excited to create a genuine learning community for all adults and students that will lead to significant improvements in the quality of teaching, leadership and pupil attainment across the alliance.
If you would like to find out more information about the support we are able to provide or are considering joining our Teaching School Alliance, please contact Keith Batchelor at email@example.com