At Glyn School we offer an all-day service in our canteen: early morning breakfast, morning break service, lunch, and after school provision. We even offer a take-home service so that you can try our food in your own kitchens!
The Canteen is open from 7.00am to 5.00pm daily.
The canteen is run by Cucina. Cucina – pronounced “Cuchina” (the Italian word for kitchen or a place where food is prepared) is a catering company specialising in providing fresh, healthy food in school. We only ever serve food that we would be happy to be served ourselves, which is why we developed our food promises!
Everything is cooked fresh and you can see dishes being freshly prepared, such as home-made pizza served fresh from our pizza oven, fresh bread made on the premises daily and a wide variety of main meals, salads, sandwiches, fruit pots and desserts, as well as mouth-watering homemade muesli bars, muffins and cakes.
All our food is prepared in an environment where nuts and other food allergens are present, so if you have special dietary requirements on a daily basis, please speak to our Chef who will be happy to let you know what you are able to eat and if nothing on the menu is suitable, he will find you an alternative!
Throughout the year we run a variety of Theme Days. This year we have had themes on Wimbledon, World Cup, Easter, Halloween, Willy Wonka and Cowboys and Indians, to name a few. During our Theme Days we decorate the canteen, Cucina staff dress up, and we have specialist menus based around the theme.
Parents and Carers - Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cap the daily amount my child can spend?
If you wish to cap your child’s daily spend in the canteen, please download and complete the Cucina Contact Form below and return it to Student Reception. This will then be forwarded to Cucina and a daily limit will then be applied to your child’s account.
Can I cap the amount of snack items which my son can purchase daily?
If you wish to cap your child’s daily purchase of snack items, please download and complete the Cucina Contact Form below and return it to Student Reception. This will then be forwarded to Cucina and a daily limit will then be applied to your child’s account.
My child is entitled to Free School Meals – how does that work and what are they entitled to receive?
If your child receives Free School Meals, they can choose any two items from the extensive daily menu for his free school meal, regardless of price, in recognition of the importance of meals at school. To pay for the meal, we will effectively credit your child’s account on a daily basis and this will be avaiable for lunchtime and they will then access the funds via our Biometric Finger Recognition, the same as the other students.
How do I let you know about my child’s dietary requirements?
Cucina are keen to provide a service for all students, so if your child has a particular dietary requirement please download and complete the Cucina Contact Form below and return it to Student Reception. This will then be forwarded to Cucina and a note will be placed on your child’s account. On a daily basis, your child should speak with our Chef to find out which food theya re able to purchase for that day, and they will do their best to cater for this.
Cucina - Allergen Analysis
- Cucina review their core three week menu cycle on a regular basis and launched their new 2019/2020 menus at the start of this term.
- To accompany their menu cycle, they produce an allergen matrix which identifies the 14 allergens which may be present in the dishes. This goes above and beyond what is required by them under the Information Regulation 2014, but is something they choose to do to provide their customers with enhanced allergen information.
- Cucina’s policy is to ask any customers with an allergy to always speak directly to the Executive Chef before making any purchase, as they can advise of any allergens present, or produce a bespoke dish, if required.
- The allergen information issued to support the 2019/2020 menu cycle is unfortunately no longer 100% accurate, as suppliers have made changes to some of the products we purchase. We have requested up to date allergen information on all ingredients on our menu, and whilst we wait to receive this, we have taken the decision to remove from display our current allergen posters.
- Cucina are still complying with legislation which states that they display notices that if customers have an allergy that they please speak to a member of staff, and that this remains in force. However, the provision of a more detailed allergen analysis, whilst not required by law, is something they feel helps customers to be better informed and make the right choices for their particular dietary needs.
Cucina state that customers should be assured that this is pre-emptive action they are taking to ensure the safeguarding of all customers is maintained, and not in response to any incident.
|Cucina Contact Form||26th Oct 2019||Download|
|Cucina Restaurant Menu 2020||09th Oct 2020||Download|