- Careers Information, Advice & Guidance
- Introduction to Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
Introduction to Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
Aim and Objectives of the Careers Programme at Glyn School
At Glyn School it is our aim is to ensure that every student receives high-quality career guidance education to assist them to develop employability skills and knowledge of the Next Steps after GCSE and A Levels.
In January 2018 the Department for Education issued new Statutory Careers Guidance which outlined the eight Gatsby Benchmarks. The Benchmarks are designed to ensure that a 'gold standard' of Career Education is provided to all students to equip them for their pathways after school.
The Benchmarks are as follows:
- A stable career programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
At Glyn School we are working hard to ensure that these standards are met.
We would like to hear from parents and carers, employers, Higher Education or Further Education Colleges or other career relevant groups if would like to support us in any of the above or in other ways.
Inorder to ensure that our curriculum supports and meets the needs of our students and Parents and Carers, we will request feedback from our key stakeholders throughout the year.
Please email Karen Jones, Careers Lead at K.Jones@glynschool.org.
Or telephone: 020 8716 4949 ext 1895
Overview of our Careers Provision
To support our students, there is a structured programme of Careers which is to be delivered during Form time, Assemblies and PSHCE lessons from Years 7 to 13. Students have access to careers software and our school website has been designed to support our students and their Parents and Carers.
Throughout this year, students will have the opportunity to engage with employers during Careers Week, enterprise activities, industry competitions, attending careers fairs, careers presentations, and more.
The school provides advice and guidance in respect of future opportunities covering sixth form colleges, university applications, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
Our website has information on:
- Introduction to Careers Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
- Your Options and How They Relate to Future Careers and Pathways
- GCSE Options for September 2022
- GCSE Options Additional Guidance
- Pathways after GCSE
- Pathways after A Levels
- Parents' and Carers' Resources, Guides and Events
- National Career Events #NCW2022 & #NAW2022
- A Full Guide to Apprenticeships at Post 16 and Post 18
- Work Experience
- Virtual Work Experience
- What Do Graduates Do?
- Employability Skills
- Labour Market Information (LMI)
- Employer Engagement
- Finding a Specific Career - Useful links
- Upcoming Careers Fairs
- Make The Future Yours! Magazine
- Local Careers Support for 18+
Please click on the link below to view all our listed Careers Information, Advice & Guidance and Work Experience documentation
- Careers Policy 2021-2022
- Key Stage 3 Careers Map
- Key Stage 4 Careers Map
- Key Stage 5 Careers Map
- Policy Statement on Provider Access 2021-2022
- Work Experience Policy 2021-2022
- Work Experience Placement Form for Year 10
- Work Experience Placement Form for Year 12