- Careers Information, Advice & Guidance
- Introduction to Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
Introduction to Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
Aim and Objectives of the Careers Programme at Glyn School
At Glyn School it is our aim is to ensure that every student receives high-quality career guidance education to assist them to develop employability skills and knowledge of the Next Steps after GCSE and A Levels.
In January 2018 the Department for Education issued new Statutory Careers Guidance which outlined the eight Gatsby Benchmarks. The Benchmarks are designed to ensure that a 'gold standard' of Career Education is provided to all students to equip them for their pathways after school.
The Benchmarks are as follows:
- A stable career programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
At Glyn School we are working hard to ensure that these standards are met.
We would like to hear from parents and carers, employers, Higher Education or Further Education Colleges or other career relevant groups if would like to support us in any of the above or in other ways. Please email Karen Jones, Careers Lead at email@example.com.
Overview of our Careers Provision
To support our students, there is a structured programme of Careers which is to be delivered during Form time, Assemblies and PSHCE lessons from Years 7 to 13. Students have access to careers software and our school website has been designed to support our students and their Parents and Carers.
Throughout this year, students will have the opportunity to engage with employers during Careers Week, enterprise activities, industry competitions, attending careers fairs, careers presentations, and more.
The school provides advice and guidance in respect of future opportunities covering sixth form colleges, university applications, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
Our website has information on:
- Introduction to Careers Information, Advice and Guidance at Glyn School
- Careers in the Curriculum
- Options at 13 for September 2021
- Options at 13 - Useful links
- Your GCSE Options, Future Careers and Pathways
- Options at 16
- Options at 18 - University
- Options at 18 - Taking a Gap Year
- Parents' and Carers' Resources
- A Guide to Apprenticeships
- Work Experience
- Virtual Work Experience
- What Do Graduates Do?
- Employability Skills
- Labour Market Information (LMI)
- Employer Engagement
- Careers Fairs and Upcoming Events
- Resources from National Careers Week 1 - 5 March 2021
- Resources from National Apprenticeships Week 8 - 14 February 2021
Please click on the link below to view all our listed Careers Information, Advice & Guidance and Work Experience documentation
- Careers Policy 2020
- Key Stage 3 Careers Map
- Key Stage 4 Careers Map
- Key Stage 5 Careers Map
- Policy Statement on Provider Access
- Work Experience Policy
- Work Experience Placement Form for Year 10
- Work Experience Placement Form for Year 12