The SEND Faculty at Glyn School aims to identify and overcome potential barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all SEND students within and beyond the school setting.
Glyn SEND provision takes into account the full scope of student support, first and foremost this is the delivery of high quality, whole class teaching, guided and group work and individual interventions.
SEND students are supported in a range of different ways, including:
- In-class support and out of class monitoring for students with EHCPs and students on the SEND register provided by a dedicated team of Learning Support Assistants.
- Targeted withdrawal groups run by HLTAs (Higher Level Teaching Assistants) aimed at supporting learners with literacy, numeracy and social skills needs. Examples of interventions offered: Additional English, Lexia, Fresh Start Phonics, ELSA (emotional literacy support), Social Skills & Friendship Engineers.
- A qualified counsellor to support students in a one to one environment.
- After school support groups each day of the week to support students with SEND with completion of Independent Learning Tasks.
- A supportive and peaceful place within school available throughout break, lunch and after school.
- The SENCO is further supported by a Exams Access Leader who can assess students for exam arrangements.
- Student support team consisting of Heads of House team and Senior Learning Mentors to further support students pastorally.
- For advice and support on how to request that a student be assessed for SEND, please contact the student’s Head of House in the first instance who will work with you to complete a SEND referral form so that we can correctly assess and identify and SEND issues.
Mr A Leyshon
Head of SEND/SENCO
Please click on the link below to view our latest SEND documents.