We are proud that Glyn School has achieved two consecutive Outstanding Ofsted Inspections.
Please find below links to the Ofsted Report for 2012 and to the Ofsted website:
Key highlights from the report include:
- This is an outstanding school. A sense of pride and ambition permeates all aspects of the school’s work, and underpins its determination to improve further. The school has achieved significant improvements in students’ achievement since its last inspection when it was judged as outstanding overall. As one parent commented, ‘It is absolutely brilliant. It brims with positivity.’ The school promotes students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development exceptionally well.
- Students’ achievement is outstanding across a broad, challenging curriculum which caters for the needs of individuals and groups of students. The GCSE results have improved since the last inspection and are well above the national average in almost all subjects. While still significantly above the national average, boys do better in English literature and mathematics than in English language.
- The sixth form is good and improving quickly. Students’ attainment in academic, vocational and applied courses is rising and their good achievements ensure that students are successful in progressing into further education or training of their choice.
- The key to the school’s success lies in outstanding teaching which enthuses and motivates students. Teachers use a variety of active teaching approaches which suit boys and take their learning forward rapidly. The excellent rapport between students and teachers ensures that students are able to question and explore ideas in depth within an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Students’ behaviour in lessons and around the site is outstanding. Students willingly subscribe to the school’s code of ‘Respect’. Attendance is well above average.
- Leaders and managers have established a powerful school ethos that promotes high aspirations and a shared sense of purpose. Self-evaluation is rigorous, challenging and accurate. Arrangements for enhancing staff’s professional skills are very effective in introducing and sharing best practice which has a positive impact on the quality of teaching and thus on students’ learning and attainment.